Friday, January 6, 2012

Yikes

I had my 4th treatment last Tuesday. Easy pleasy. Shot the next day. Piece of cake.  Back hurt over the weekend a little but not too bad. Hurray. I'm more than halfway there. Tuesday I felt good enough to go to gym. Walked 4 miles with my pal Davilee. It felt so good to get exercise. So, I went again Wed and walked another 4 miles. Man this chemo stuff is easy. Who knew? I should have knocked on wood. Wed night my bro and mom came for dinner and games. 6pm comes and I'm hitting a wall. Well, I must have just been pushing myself too hard. I'll take it easy. Wilber was a little sore but I thought it may have been due to some of the and exercises I did. It should pass by morning. I dint sleep well but never do so ... Thursday I woke up and Wilbur looked like he had gotten a boob job. He was swollen to twice his size. Shit. Radiation recall is back. Suck it up. I slept good ambien and a nyquil kicker did the job. I slept like a rock. Only to wake up the am to being more sore. I decided to call the radiation onco to get an appt for pain meds.  Well, what do you know...it's an infection. WTH? how do I get an infection almost 3 months after the radiation balloon was removed? It happens. I got heavy dose of antibiotics and pain killers. So glad I went to the doc today. I wouldn't have made it thru the weekend without an ER visit. SO here's to me!!! I feel better already. 1 that I'm not just being a baby and 2- the nucynta is awesome. here's to being able to play tomorrow on a beautiful weekend. As long as some of the swelling goes down. But at least I know what a C cup looks like on me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment